Make the Most of Your Site’s Traffic
May 19, 2010 No Comments
If you own a website or are thinking of starting one, then you should know that traffic generation is perhaps one of the most important aspects of having a successful site. A common site among web owners is that once they have their site up and are posting content regularly, nothing seems to happen. So just how do you get that elusive traffic to your site? One answer, and it’s not a popular one, is that you must have patience! It takes time to build a loyal following, but just know that if you have a quality site with quality content, then they will come. In the meantime, there are a few questions you can ask yourself to make sure that you are doing everything you can to drive traffic to your site.
1. Are you updating your site regularly? There is nothing worse than a site that hasn’t been updated in months, or worse, years! Make sure that there is regularly fresh and original content on your site.
2. Are you capturing your visitors email addresses and names? Building an email list of loyal followers will be key in your future marketing efforts.
3. Are you encouraging discussion in your comments section? The more your visitors get involved with the content on your site and with each other, the more likely they will be to return again and again.
4. Are you getting users to subscribe to comments (it is a simple plugin) to bring commenters back to your site?
5. Are you having people follow you on social media and are you engaging with them there?
6. Is your site’s focus clear to a first-time user? They shouldn’t have to wonder for any length of time about what your site is about.
These are just a few things you can think about traffic wise. To find out more great tips on generating traffic and to read the full article, just visit:
Blogging, Business, Internet